Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc.
Aldeyra Therapeutics is a biotechnology company devoted to developing and commercializing next-generation medicines to improve the lives of patients with immune-mediated diseases. Aldeyra’s lead investigational drug product candidates, currently in Phase 3 clinical trials, are potential first-in-class treatments in development for dry eye disease, allergic conjunctivitis, proliferative vitreoretinopathy, and other immune-mediated diseases.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and will be responsible for maintaining and developing strong accounting processes and internal controls. In addition, the Senior Accountant will ensure key accounts are reconciled in accordance with U.S. GAAP, and that transactions are processed and recorded in a timely manner. The role represents an exciting position in the dynamic field of immune-mediated diseases, and provides the opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, publicly-traded company.
Additionally, the Senior Accountant will:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities, such as preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses;
- Partner with multiple departments within the Company to ensure accuracy of results and balances;
- Reconcile vendor statements with accounting system records as requested;
- Oversee and administer the employee expense reimbursement process;
- Support accounts payable as needed, including monitoring the accounts payable mailbox, processing invoice entries, and assigning invoices;
- Assist with user support and administration for NetSuite and Concur, including maintenance of vendors, account mapping, employee training, application changes, and addition of new functionality;
- Continually evaluate and leverage current technologies to streamline and automate manual accounting processes;
- Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements and related footnote disclosures, including supporting detail schedules;
- Support of external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews; and
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses or projects as required for senior management and in support of financial reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience with related industry experience;
- 3 or more years of relevant to the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry;
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and external audit experience;
- Experience with financial and accounting reporting systems/applications, potentially including NetSuite and Concur;
- Practical experience managing projects, implementing and supporting financial systems and defining business requirements;
- Strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (e.g., pivot tables, vlookup, macros);
- Strong analytical skills relevant to the preparation of financial reports and statements;
- Willingness to take on multiple responsibilities at once;
- Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills;
- Organizational and project planning skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to deal with challenges and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format; and
- A high degree of self-motivation and demonstrated ability to grow into additional responsibility.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Info@aldeyra.com