Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc.
Aldeyra Therapeutics is a biotechnology company devoted to developing and commercializing next-generation medicines to improve the lives of patients with immune-mediated diseases. Aldeyra’s lead investigational drug product candidates, currently in phase 3 clinical trials, are potential first-in-class treatments in development for dry eye disease, allergic conjunctivitis, and proliferative vitreoretinopathy. The company is also developing other product candidates for retinal and systemic inflammatory diseases.
The Senior Director, Market Access will lead a comprehensive value and access strategic framework to ensure maximal access and reimbursement to Aldeyra’s therapies. S/he is a key member of the commercial leadership team and is responsible for developing and implementing US market access strategies and tactics that seamlessly link the brand’s pricing, health economic/value platform, payer coverage, patient access, and distribution model. This role requires a strategic thinker who will develop and oversee sustainable US market access and channel strategies to allow patients to access Aldeyra’s product portfolio, including hiring, developing, and leading the Market Access team to maximize commercial success. The Senior Director, Market Access will report to the Vice President, Commercial Strategy & Operations.
Additionally, the Senior Director, Market Access will:
- Develop an access strategy through an understanding of the business models including commercial health plans and PBMs, government including Medicare (Part D and Part B), Medicaid, VA/DoD, provider networks, IDNs;
- Develop the value story, payer/PBM contracting strategy, pricing, specialty pharmacy, and distribution plans, reimbursement, and payer/channel marketing resources for Aldeyra’s pipeline products;
- Develop the pricing strategy, establishing the pricing structure including the execution of Medicaid Drug Rebate Program (MDRP), 340B Pricing, Class of Trade eligibility, and essential operational systems to support these programs;
- Design access options to maximize the potential of each unique product; this will include access partner selection; specialty pharmacy, specialty distributors, 3PL, GPOs, patient services (copay support), and organized payers and providers;
- Actively participate and effectively deploy staff to manage external partnerships and deliver core value messages to payers, including partnering with Medical Affairs to answer any questions about medical or clinical research topics;
- Conduct payer segmentation and planning to anticipate needs and establish plans for gaining access to payer formularies, including the cadence of commercial payer new product review, individual state Medicaid review timelines, Medicare Part D coverage process, and others;
- Oversee all payer and channel market research that will inform market access strategies and tactics;
- Ensure close collaboration with other Patient and Market Access colleagues along with Medical, HEOR, Marketing, Finance, Analytics, and Sales teams to capture relevant payer and channel insights, identify data gaps, develop compelling value propositions and ensure field-based teams are equipped with the right tools;
- Understand reimbursement landscape and incorporate into market access & pricing strategy, including implementing a contract business case assessment process;
- Collaborate with Medical/HEOR in the development of payer evidence needs and ensure integration into the Medical/HEOR evidence plan;
- Ensure brand plans incorporate the needs of patients, payers, channel and healthcare providers;
- Align organization on metrics to assess the impact of key market access strategies and tactics;
- Contribute to annual brand planning, forecasting, and budgeting process to represent payer and channel customer segment;
- Partner with the Aldeyra Legal team to ensure all communications and programs are compliant with applicable laws and regulation.
- MBA, or another related graduate-level degree;
- 15+ years of relevant biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience, including specialty sales, managed markets (payers, integrated systems), reimbursement support, and leading teams;
- 5 years or equivalent of demonstrated, high-impact results in Market Access or Commercial Analytics Function is ideal;
- Experience in ophthalmic or immunology (preferred);
- Experience with co-promotion/partnership commercial initiatives (preferred);
- Willingness to take on multiple responsibilities at once;
- Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills;
- Organizational and project planning skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org