Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc.
Aldeyra Therapeutics is a biotechnology company devoted to developing and commercializing next-generation medicines to improve the lives of patients with immune-mediated diseases. Aldeyra’s lead investigational drug product candidates, currently in phase 3 clinical trials, are potential first-in-class treatments in development for dry eye disease, allergic conjunctivitis, and proliferative vitreoretinopathy. The company is also developing other product candidates for retinal and systemic inflammatory diseases.
The Senior Director, Medical Affairs will be responsible for Medical Affairs leadership in the successful preparation (including build-out) and launch of Aldeyra Therapeutics pipeline assets. S/he will report to the Vice President, Commercial Strategy & Operations, and will play a key role in bringing transformative therapy to patients in need. S/he will perform activities associated with management and implementation of drug development; pre-launch-, launch-, and post-launch activities; and life-cycle management activities for marketed product(s). The Senior Director, Medical Affairs will lead key strategic and operational cross-functional projects, assist in the development and implementation of the company’s medical affairs strategy for product development, and will work closely with multiple cross-functional teams.
The Senior Director, Medical Affairs will deliver important, impactful, and data-driven scientific presentations; create (or develop) the infrastructure to support unsolicited medical inquiries (e.g., Medical Information Services); develop scientific/medical materials to communicate scientifically accurate and fair-balanced information relating to Aldeyra’s product candidates and related disease states.
Additionally, the Senior Director, Medical Affairs will:
- Develop and execute a cross-functionally aligned strategic Medical Affairs plan, inclusive of performance metrics, to ensure successful product launch and subsequent successful life cycle management;
- Establish a KOL identification, engagement, and development plan and strengthen professional relationships with the medical and scientific community, and compliantly exchange scientific knowledge with thought leaders, including 1:1 interactions, congress engagements, and advisory boards;
- Support the development and execution of medical/scientific communication strategies, including a cross-functionally aligned scientific communications plan that addresses data gaps and ongoing evidence generation (e.g., clinical, ISTs, RWE);
- Assess scientific/medical and educational needs across a variety of external partners and subsequently develop the strategic direction for medical education (e.g., CME) activities, including implementation;
- Directly or indirectly support team interactions with US health payers to answer any questions about medical or clinical research topics, including policy-related matters;
- Collaborate internally with clinical and regulatory departments to support the planning, execution, and management of clinical trial activities, including ensuring that appropriate institutions and academic centers are brought forward during the site evaluation process to determine eligibility to participate in Aldeyra Therapeutics’ clinical development programs;
- Remain at the forefront of the relevant science and competitive landscape, including capturing competitive intelligence from the field;
- Emerge as an internal and external subject matter expert, sharing knowledge and providing recommendations to functions as needed, including collaboration with Clinical Development, Regulatory, and Commercial (e.g., marketing, market access) colleagues to ensure that external-facing materials and presentations are scientifically rigorous and clinically meaningful;
- Recruit clinical investigators and negotiate study design and costs;
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function;
- Represent Aldeyra Therapeutics and program strategies in meetings with Alliance partners and external groups; and
- Develop and administer budgets, schedules, and performance requirements.
- MD, PhD, PharmD, or PA in a related medical field;
- 10+ years relevant biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry in medical affairs roles of increasing responsibility;
- Experience in ophthalmic or immunology (preferred);
- Willingness to take on multiple responsibilities at once;
- Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills;
- Organizational and project planning skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Info@aldeyra.com