Aldeyra Therapeautics, Inc.
It is an exciting time to join Aldeyra Therapeutics, with several late-stage programs, NDA submissions in the near term, and numerous pipeline programs in various indications. The VP, Commercial Strategy & Development will be responsible for establishing and executing the Company’s pre-launch marketing strategy for these programs and building a commercial infrastructure, as well as, assisting in the outwardly facing interactions related to business development. In working with the Chief Executive Officer, in this hands-on role, this individual must demonstrate the ability to simultaneously execute at a tactical level and provide long term strategic direction for the organization. S/he will be responsible for crafting a compelling vision that is effectively communicated and sold both internally and externally to all appropriate constituencies of the company, which is at a critical point in its evolution. S/he will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating commercial aspects of potential transactions and supporting the negotiation and execution of agreements which meet the Company’s needs. In addition, this person will be a key external face of the Company and will assist the Chief Executive Officer in a wide variety of interactions including representation at conferences and congresses and partnership-related activities. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary, as this individual will serve as a voice for the Company and a trusted team member internally. The preferred candidate will possess interpersonal, organizational, planning and communication (oral and written) skills that are consistent with the role. It is paramount that this person has unquestionable integrity and the highest ethical standards. Furthermore, it is expected that this individual will possess a sense of urgency, and a penchant for delivering the highest quality output and driving results.
- Develop a commercial strategy, in coordination with the Executive Committee, for existing and future assets;
- Build and optimize U.S. commercial capabilities to support excellence in planning and execution of sales, marketing, market access, patient support and other functions as required;
- Design and resource the overall Commercial operation model and supportive resources and capabilities so that they are resilient, flexible, and sustainable;
- Maintain deep knowledge of the landscape and targets to refine strategy, positioning, and opportunities (competitive intelligence);
- Monitor competitive product pipelines and strategies and advise the Executive Committee accordingly;
- Stand up business planning, forecasting, and performance monitoring, reporting and management capabilities that enable leadership to effectively manage the business and achieve its goals and objectives;
- Build a best in class digital and multi-channel marketing capabilities that leverage data and insights to inform, optimize, and modernize the promotional mix a high ROI;
- Develop sales function capabilities to achieve business performance objectives including, CRM/Dashboard, Reporting, Forecasting, Call Planning, and Incentive Compensation;
- Develop a world class Commercial training and employee development function to ensure a strong and compliant commercial launch and support the ongoing growth and development of the U.S. employee base;
- Define and manage the annual brand strategy and tactical planning process; define the planning calendar and overall process, develop, and train on the supportive tools and templates; ensure that the teams have the insights and data needed to inform decisions;
- Partner with Supply Chain to ensure alignment with demand forecast, inventory expectations, and overall Ex-Factory shipment expectations;
- Bachelor degree, MBA preferred with 10 plus years of experience years of product launch or pre-launch marketing experience in a U.S. pharmaceutical or biotechnology company;
- Blend of both large and small company experience in a U.S. pharmaceutical or biotechnology company;
- Flexible and adaptable style with a willingness and eagerness to take on challenges;
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to take risk;
- Ability to work as true team player and be effective in a collaborative culture;
- Personal versatility and flexibility as the programs and team evolve;
- Ability to instill and quickly earn trust among teams;
- Complex thinker who has the ability to articulate options for ambiguous situations and confidence to make decision with authority and with full understanding of potential outcomes; and,
- Ability to anticipate adverse scenarios and provide contingency plans address them
- Track record of successful marketing programs;
- Represents marketing group on cross-functional team interfacing with product development, production and manufacturing to develop new products or enhance existing products or product lines.
- Provides marketing insight and direction to optimize new product launches
- Recommends pricing strategies, and monitors budget and expenditures
- Analyzes data and makes strategic recommendations
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Interprets and translates scientific clinical data into commercial implications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org